Funza Lushaka Bursary
A full university bursary for students who wish to make a difference in education, by studying towards a professional degree in teaching.
Why choose Funza Lushaka Bursary?
Funza Lushaka provides bursaries to students studying towards a teaching qualification.
- Funza Lushaka offers bursaries to students for a four-year Bachelor of Education degree (BEd), specialising in either Foundation Phase (Grade R – 3), Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 – 6) or Senior and Further Education and Training Teaching (Grade 7-12).
- Bursaries for a one-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) are available to graduates whose degrees reflect two priority subjects, where one module/course was successfully completed or studied at third year level, while the second priority subject was successfully completed or studied at second year level. The PGCE bursary is only for Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching (SPFET) (Grade 7-12 ).
- The bursaries cover tuition and accommodation fees, books/learning materials and teaching practice, and may include a small allowance for living expenses.
- Recipients must commit to teaching at a public school in South Africa for the same number of years for which they received the bursary.
How do I apply?
To apply for a Funza Lushaka bursary, you must:
- Be a South African citizen under the age of 30,
- Not have a previous teaching qualification, and
- Have been accepted into an approved B.Ed or PGCE programme
To register and apply for a Funza Lushaka bursary, please follow these steps:
- Register on the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Login to the system using the user name and password you created when registering
- Select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme on the e-Services Menu
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu, click on the application button and follow the steps to complete the application
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured