Second Chance Matric
Second Chance Matric provides support to part-time and adult learners who are studying towards their Grade 12 NSC or SC matric qualification.
Why choose Second Chance Matric?
The aim of the Second Chance Matric Programme is to provide support to learners and adult learners not in the formal school system, who would like to write the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Senior Certificate (SC) exams, to obtain their Grade 12 certificates.
- Learners are supported by face-to-face classes in centres around South Africa, as well as lessons broadcast on TV and radio, and online study material
- Targeted subjects include: Accounting, Agricultural Science, Business Studies, Economics, English FAL, Geography, History, Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences
- A matric certificate can open the doors to tertiary study and bursaries, as well as job opportunities
How do I register?
Learners who wish to improve their matric results, or adult students who want to study towards their Grade 12 matric certificate can register with the Second Chance Matric programme. To register you must submit:
- A completed registration form
- A copy of your SA ID or passport if you are a foreign candidate
- A copy of your previous highest qualification
Candidates can register online at www.eservices.gov.za or at any provincial education office.